GLL is looking for a Water Sport Coach to work at Lee Valley White Water Centre. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Water Sport Coach, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than a Water Sports Coach job, it's a career.
As a Water Sports Coach based at Lee Valley White Water Centre in Broxbourne. You will be responsible for providing activities at the centre, ensuring the health and safety of staff and customers, and guaranteeing the highest standards of service. Water Sports Coaches will be required to deliver a variety of activities from taster sessions to white water rafting and kayaking coaching, depending on your experience, ability and qualifications. Providing a fun, friendly and encouraging environment you’ll pass on your knowledge to help customers have an amazing experience – being a Water Sports Coach will give you great satisfaction seeing pupils progress and develop. Regardless of your experience or qualifications we can train you and develop you to become the best Water Sports Coach you can be!
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of Water Activities which will be well structured, focussing on Fun and the Safety of your customers
- The delivery of high quality session
- Providing safety for White water activities and Events
- Maintain and allocate equipment to customers
- Maintain a good and positive image of the Centre to customers and the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional service.
- Support the centre in day to day operations when required
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
What you need:
- A can-do attitude
- A real focus on customer service
- Passion and personality
- To be confident in Water
- Desire to work as part of a team
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus invites to associated events
- Exclusive discounts on villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health Assurance
- Career Pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounts on glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.