Are you interested in helping people be the best that they can be? Are you excited about helping to shape a key part of our business to enhance the service we provide to our customers? Do you have a track record in leading a team of Customer Service Advisors to deliver great performance? If so read on!
We aren't a contact Centre where you are expected to work against aggressive targets. We are a customer service Centre and your job is encourage your team members to bring the best version of themselves to every interaction that they have with our customers, through coaching, developing, engaging and motivating them.
Join our dynamic leadership team where you will have the opportunity to not only develop your management skills but learn new skills to help with your personal development and career progression. We are passionate about investing in our team's development at all levels and we are looking for leaders who are passionate about helping to shape the future of the UK’s largest and most successful Charitable Social Enterprise.
This is a permanent position, 40 hours per week. You will work a four week rotation, working just one weekend in four.
Our opening hours are:-
Monday -Thursday 7:45am-9:15pm
Friday – 7:45am-6:15pm
Weekends – 7:45am-4:15pm
Salary: Up to £26,890 per annum
* Purpose built customer service Centre across the road from Lanyon Place Train Station and on the Glider G1 and Metro routes
* Discounted days out
* Market leading Pension scheme
* Discounted gym and leisure Centre membership, starting at just £10 per month
* 6.2 weeks annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
* Ride to work scheme
* Uniform provided
* Society membership – we are a colleague-owned social enterprise
* The opportunity to visit our leisure Centre's locally and across the UK
* Free eye tests and glasses
* Discounted holiday apartments in Portugal and Bulgaria
* Ongoing training and development
* Career progression
* GLL Extras – discounts available across shopping, insurance, dining out, holidays and more
* The opportunity to work in a great environment, as part of an award-winning team, where you can help shape processes and the way we do things around here
With more than 250 leisure Centre's hosting a range of facilities and activities and over 10,000 staff working to serve more than 58 million visitors a year, GLL’s position as a sport and leisure charitable social enterprise is why we continue to go from strength to strength - working in partnership with local authorities, public agencies, sporting organisations and local communities across the UK.
At the Centre of our organisation supporting our leisure Centre customers, is our Customer Service Centre; a team of highly energised, results-driven and passionate individuals who strive to exceed, rather than meet, customer expectations at the telephone and by email.
As a self-motivated, organised leader of people who has excellent verbal and written communication, you’ll have a real passion for coaching and developing colleagues whilst taking responsibility for your own learning and development. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where every day is different and get a real buzz about providing solutions to every problem.
You will already be used to managing a team in a customer service environment, supporting your team to deliver first touch resolution and quality conversations and you will have a strong working knowledge of contact centre operations.
You’ll have a real passion for delivering the best service you can through motivating, supporting, inspiring and coaching a team of up to 14 full and part time colleagues.
You’ll be a natural coach who enjoys imparting your knowledge, skills and experience onto others, spending time nurturing and growing talent.
Having worked within a customer service environment previously, you’ll understand what great looks like in terms of performance delivery.
* Support and promote the delivery of a “one team” approach by living and acting as a role model for the GLL vision and values
* Create a positive culture within your team that delivers positive customer outcomes through strong levels of colleague engagement
* Motivate, support, inspire, lead and coach team members to deliver the best possible customer experience they can, and provide structured, positive feedback to individuals on how they can continue to raise the bar even further
* Ensure all resources are deployed so that we are here when customers need us most
* Regularly undertake call and email coaching to ensure that your team members are having great conversations and great interactions with our customers
* Work as part of the Customer Service Centre and the wider Customer Service Leadership Teams to deliver business goals
* Use complaints and escalations to create learning opportunities and to build deeper relationships with our customers
* Support the business by identifying and sharing any improvements that contribute to better processes or customer experiences
* Own and manage the performance of individuals within your team
* Support with recruitment, on boarding and induction of team members
What are we looking for?
Minimum of GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics
Passionate about service – always looking to deliver the best possible service you can at every opportunity
Motivated to solve problems through coaching and creative interventions
Minimum of 12 months leadership experience in a face-to-face customer service, retail, hospitality environment or within a contact centre, within the last five years
Strong verbal and written communication skills
A genuine passion for physical and mental wellbeing
Great listening skills supported by a warm, friendly and confident manner
Resilient and remain calm under pressure
Computer literate, able to use Microsoft packages
Team player with a positive, confident can-do attitude
Flexible approach to tasks and workload
An understanding and appreciation of the importance of handling customer data in a sensitive and confidential manner
Strong level of commercial awareness, understanding the importance of delivering for customers, colleagues and the company
An energetic, creative approach to problem solving and getting things done
Effective coaching skills