GLL is currently looking for swimming teachers based at Phoenix Fitness Centre. Join us as a swimming teacher and play a key role in the developing our customers swimming skills. This is your chance to deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons that give people real confidence in the water – and an invaluable life skill.
As an experienced swimming teacher, you’ll thrive on supporting people to achieve their potential. Taking a pupil’s nature and needs into account. Swimming teachers draw on their knowledge of practices, progression and teaching points and apply it in the most effective way. Naturally, there’ll be some administration involved, but rest assured that almost all of your time will be spent doing what you do best, teaching people to become stronger swimmers, whether in a group or one-to-one, and from children to adults.
We’re looking for swimming teachers who are approachable, with the friendly, patient nature needed to build people’s trust, motivate pupils and encourage with praise. You’ll need to be STA Award or Certificate level or Swim England Level 2 qualified and ideally have the National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches. Knowledge of health, safety and other relevant legislation will be vital too, as will an understanding of Child Protection Policy.
What you will do:
- Maintain a good and positive image of the Centre to customers and the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional poolside service.
- Comply with the commitments outlined in the ‘Customer Charter’, ensuring that standards are maintained as stipulated.
- Ensure the safety and control of the pupils within the swimming lesson and to ensure that all relevant regulations applicable to the centres operation are enforced and complied with.
- Actively encourage pupils to enrol on further courses and short courses.
- Assist with new-enrolments and re-enrolments as required by the General Manager.
- Understand and follow the Safeguarding Policy and Procedure & Behaviour policy contained within the Swim School product.
- Record and complete relevant awards in line with expected standards, ensuring that the levels are obtained
- Teach to the standard set within the product manual to ensure a consistent approach throughout all the centres.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- Salary of up to £16.94 per hour
- Flexible and permanent positions available
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.