GLL is looking for a Spa Therapist to work at Kensington Leisure Centre. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Spa Therapist, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than just a Spa Therapist job, it's a career. As a Spa Therapist you will thrive as part of a team, communicating with colleagues and other departments with confidence and sensitivity. Bringing with you an aptitude for organisation to manage bookings and maintain the presentation, organisation and cleanliness of our spa space.
We are looking for a (minimum level 3 or equivalent) qualified Spa Therapist to join our team to provide professional and engaging wellness therapies, massage and beauty treatments to our clients. You will offer a full range of treatments to fulfil different client needs and objectives. All applicants must have excellent customer service and organisational skills, and a high level of professional practice.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a good and positive image of the Spa to members of the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional service.
- Comply with the commitments outlined in the ‘Customer Charter’, ensuring that standards are maintained as stipulated. Ensuring customer compliance with spa rules and procedures.
- Ensure the safety and control of customers and the public generally within the Spa and that all relevant regulations applicable to the Spa’s operation are enforced and complied with.
- Assist Spa Patrons with use of the facilities and activities and to encourage maximum use of the Spa London Experience and treatments.
- Book all enquiries to tours on their initial enquiry to the Spa when required complying with the Spa London Brand and Standard operating Procedure.
- Market and promote the Spa.
- Responsible for achieving own Spa sales targets.
- Actively up-selling services during customer interaction.
- Encourage bookings of the Spa’s experience and treatments to enquirers in person and on the telephone; communicating new ventures and recommending appropriate services to potential customers.
What you need:
- Ability to effectively promote market and ‘sell’ the service and Spa.
- Ability to deal with customers and their queries and concerns with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to deliver a high quality service with minimal supervision
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Good understanding of the characteristics and qualities that customers want from Spa / health and fitness centres.
- Knowledge of electronic booking systems.
- Evidence of achieving results and making a difference to customers.
- Experience of Spa or Beauty treatment applications.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.