Location - Olympia Leisure Centre & Spa
Salary - Up to £29,236.74 depending on experience
GLL is looking for a Spa Manager to work at Spa Experience Belfast based in Olympia Leisure Centre. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Spa Manager, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than just a Spa Managers job, it's a career. As a Spa Manager you will thrive as part of a team, communicating with colleagues and other departments with confidence and sensitivity.
As a Spa Manager you will liaise directly with General Manager to ensure smooth daily operations, efficient reception, supervision & maintenance of the spa department. Including operation, stock control, programming, promotion, sales, developing staff and ensuring excellent customer services whilst achieving business, financial and sales targets
What you’ll do:
* To build a high profile rapport with customers and create an excellent, quality ‘customer experience’ within the Spa.
* Ensure customer compliance with spa rules and procedures
* Ensure the highest quality standards of customer care and service delivery are achieved within the Spa.
* Selling of thermal spa experience, treatments & retailing merchandise to achieve performance targets set.
* Prepare & monitor Spa budgets & income targets
* Prepare & implement a business and marketing plan.
* Provide visible leadership to all Spa Staff, ensuring they are highly trained and motivated and operate at high levels of both performance and efficiency.
* To ensure the Therapist team has set retail targets to achieve the business & financial objectives.
* Actively up-selling services during customer interaction.
* To encourage bookings of the experience and treatments from enquirers in person and on the telephone; communicating new ventures and recommending appropriate services to potential customer.
* Management of the Spa Day Package and group booking programme.
* To embrace the Spa Experience brand ethos and apply this throughout service delivery.
* To market and promote the spa. in the development of a portfolio of quality spa services and products
* To ensure the smooth operations of the booking system.
* To ensure a robust stock control system is in place with regular stock recording and ordering takes place, supporting and managing the Senior Therapist in this task.
What you need:
* Appropriate professional qualifications - Level 3 award in Beauty Therapy
* Good understanding of the characteristics and qualities that customers want from a spa experiences and treatments.
* Knowledge of key performance indicators and their application and how they can be used to effect improvement.
* Good understanding of developments in the spa industry.
* Knowledge of electronic booking systems
* Extensive experience in a busy spa /health & fitness centre, or working customer focused environment.
* Evidence of achieving results and making a difference to customers
* Evidence of achieving results and making change happen through supervision and influence.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
* A Values driven organisation
* Learning & development to support career development
* Good Pension schemes
* Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- A full time permanent position
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.