Ghyll Head Outdoor Education and Activity Centre is seeking to recruit freelance outdoor instructors to deliver high quality outdoor activity experiences for our schools and youth groups, most of whom come from the city of Manchester.
We have undergone a re development and growth over the last 18 months and looking to increase our freelance team.
We are based on the shores of Windermere, South Lakes and are looking for highly experienced and qualified instructors that can work with young people across a range of activities and in a dynamic environment in; canoe, raft canoes, kayak, SUP, sailing, caving, abseil, ghyll scrambling, ideally knowledge of Humphrey Head, Cathedral quarry, and the local ghylls and fells. We have a small permanent team and we work year- round, 7 days a week program. We deliver DofE expeditions and residential Golds, from our pod campsite within our grounds.
Our main focus here is to provide inclusive and fulfilling experiences that challenge and help explore potential; where young people learn about themselves, each other and the environment and come away with positive, life long memories and hopefully a desire to venture into the outdoors again.
- Mountain Leader Summer
- Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI or equivalent)
- Power boat L2
- Level 1 Coach or Paddlesport leader
- 2 days first aid qualification
- Driving Licence
- D1 driving license (Allowing minibus driving)
- Local cave leader level 1
- DofE supervisor/assessor
- RYA dinghy instructor
- BC moderate water endorsed or equivalent
Please do get in touch if you have the following experience;
- Minimum 3 years working in the industry
- Have experience working in an outdoor education centre or setting
- Worked with young people from schools or youth service and worked with groups from diverse backgrounds
- Worked with groups with disabilities in the outdoors
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- £16.55 per hour (18.55 including A/L)
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.