GLL is currently recruiting a Multi-Skilled Leisure Assistant to join the team at the new Abraham Moss Leisure Centre. As a Multi-Skilled Leisure Assistant you will be a front line ambassador for GLL working as part of a lager leisure team your key objective is to deliver excellent customer service throughout the customer journey in your Leisure Centre. You'll be involved in key aspects of the operational services across all areas of the centre. If you have the passion to deliver excellent customer service in a leisure environment, there's never been a more exciting time to join us as a Multi-Skilled Leisure Assistant
A Multi-Skilled Leisure Assistant will be the sort of person who thrives in a busy environment and will be unfazed by the variety of the role. Our Multi-Skilled Leisure Assistant role is varied and could be doing anything from customer service and taking bookings to ensuring the general safety and cleanliness of areas and equipment to ensure our customers get an exceptional experience.
What you need:
* A relevant STA, Fitness Instructor or National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, if you do not hold these then training can be provided.
* Experience in a busy customer facing environment
* Dealing with customer self – service systems and technology would be an advantage
* Evidence of making a difference to customers
* Experience in delivering sports coaching sessions for children and adults ranging from beginners to improvers
* A real focus on customer service.
* Passion and personality
* Customer Service Qualification
* Food Safety for Catering (Level 2)
* Be a great team player
What you’ll do:
* Work as part of the team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility
* Follow all Normal & Emergency Operating Procedures as well as adhering to relevant product manuals
* To ensure that all necessary GLL and personal development plans, training (including ongoing CPD) and qualifications for your role and qualifications are maintained and renewed
* Fully participate in and engage in the training through centre –based training and on-going assessment on performance
* Provide warm welcome and genuine goodbye to all customers, providing guidance and support on how to get the optimum results from their visit by truly engaging with customers to understand the reason behind their visit
* Interact with customers through conversations and sign posting them to the right activities and services that meet their needs
* Support customers with all queries ranging across the products available at the facility
* Confidently upsell GLL products and services across the estate and match customers to them
* In a wet side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies
* Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required
* Setting up and taking down different types of equipment for activities such as exercise classes
Fitness & Fitness classes
* Supervise the gym/ Fitness Centre interacting with customers as required, providing support and guidance on equipment through the use of inductions
* Lead Fitness Classes in line with class timetable requirements
Teaching / Coaching
* Delivery of a minimum of 5 lessons/ classes per week as part of your role as agreed by your line manager
* Delivery of pupil – focused lessons in a passionate and professional manner working effectively as part of a team
* Ensuring lessons are delivered in line with guidelines and taking responsibility for the safety of your pupils
* Undertaking any necessary administration to the compliance of GLLs Swimming or sports specific procedures
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
In return, you will get:
- A full time permanent position
- Industry leading rates of pay banding dependant on relevant qualifications
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- A fantastic pension scheme
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- 20% off Tea and Tonic products
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
* No relevant qualification: £10.90 per hour – Training can be given to help you gain the relevant qualification
* With a relevant STA or Fitness qualification £11.64 per hour
Please note once you become qualified your rate of pay will be adjusted accordingly
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.