GLL is looking for a Library Manager to work at Roehampton Library in the London Borough of Wandsworth. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Library Manager, there's never been a more exciting time. This is more than a Library Manager Job, it's a career.
Roehampton Library is looking for a Library Manager to work 36 hours per week, to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the facility. It is one of 11 libraries operated by GLL in Wandsworth and is situated in the heart of the community. It is a busy community library, giving access to a wide variety of collections and resources including books, technology and a well used children’s section. As Library Manager you will look to improve and promote the library’s services throughout the local community, whether it’s our valued existing users or widening the offering to a new group of customers.
What you need:
* Excellent understanding of all library operations
* Ability to manage a budget
* Understanding of stock management and development,
* Strong people management and leadership skills
* Building management within a public library
* ICT knowledge
* The ability to identify the needs of the community for the library
* Excellent customer service standards.
* Knowledge of safeguarding
* Effective time management skills
* Passion and personality
What you’ll do:
* Take full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the library
* Lead on the strategic direction to expand the library’s usage.
* Manage your library’s team
* Oversee stock and undertake general administration including cash handling and banking
* Manage the safety and security of the building
* Planning, promoting and delivering activities such as Baby Rhyme Time
* Build and develop good relationships with local contacts and partnerships to both enhance the service and ensure the library is an integral part of the community.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
* A salary of £29,711.50 per annum (Pro rata: based on 36 hours a week)
* A values driven organisation
* Learning & development to support career development
* Good pension schemes
* Discounted gym membership for you and your partner
* A part time permanent position of 18 hours per week
* The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say on how we are run, plus get invited to associated events
* Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
* Exclusive discounts on our ski chalets in Bulgaria
* Career pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure your stay on top of your game we provide training with practical and theory elements too
* Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
* 25% off Red Letter Days
* 25% off Buy a Gift
* 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
* Ride to work scheme
* Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the largest provider of public libraries in the UK and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams. All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.