GLL is currently looking for Lead Swimming Teachers based at INSERT LOCATION. Join us as a Lead Swimming Teacher and play a key role in the developing both our customers swimming skills, and the skills of your team of teachers. This is your chance to deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons that give people real confidence in the water – and an invaluable life skill.
As an experienced swimming teacher, you’ll thrive on supporting people to achieve their potential. Taking a pupil’s nature and needs into account. A Lead Swimming teacher will draw on their knowledge of practices, progression and teaching points and apply it in the most effective way, whilst supporting and guiding your leam of teachers. Naturally, there’ll be some administration involved, but rest assured that almost all of your time will be spent doing what you do best, teaching people to become stronger swimmers and leading your team of teachers to success.
We’re looking for Lead Swimming Teachers who are approachable, with the friendly, patient nature needed to build people’s trust, motivate pupils and encourage with praise. You’ll need to be STA Certificate level or Swim England Level 2 qualified and ideally have the National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches. Knowledge of health, safety and other relevant legislation will be vital too, as will an understanding of Child Protection Policy.
What you will do:
- Maintain a good and positive image of the Centre to customers and the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional poolside service.
- Ensure the safety and control of the pupils within the swimming lesson and to ensure that all relevant regulations applicable to the centres operation are enforced and complied with.
- Understand and follow the Safeguarding Policy and Procedure & Behaviour policy contained within the Swim School product.
- Lead and motivate a team of teachers to deliver lessons in line with the product manual to ensure a consistent approach throughout your centres.
- Be responsible for the swimming teacher coordination and quality team teaching when on shift. Including the co-ordination of registers, grouping swimmers and managing ratios.
- Mentor, develop and guide your team and any newly qualified teachers by providing developmental and positive feedback to teaching teams. Attendance at Teacher Meetings and Training is required.
- To ensure attendance is captured and accurately monitor pupil progression and update pupil progress to help pupil’s complete relevant awards in line with expected standards.
- Assist with new-enrolments and re-enrolments as required by the General Manager.
- Actively encourage pupils to enrol on further courses and short courses.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
In return, you will get:
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- A fantastic pension scheme
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.