GLL is looking for a Fitness Instructor based at Mile End Park Leisure Centre and Stadium. Our Fitness Instructors have plenty of energy, ambition and expertise; this is your chance to help people to achieve their fitness potential by becoming a Fitness Instructor.
As a Fitness Instructor, part of your role is to inspire people to train independently and keep coming back helping them understand their fitness aspirations. It all starts with an induction, for you to understand someone’s ability and ambitions and ultimately, devise a bespoke programme that suits their needs. As a real people-person, this will come naturally as you quickly build people’s trust and confidence.
If you love variety, you’ll thrive here, as you never know who you’ll be supporting next. A typical day could be anything from providing a personal service in the gym and offering workout advice to checking the equipment and even teaching classes. That means we’re looking for a Fitness Instructor with physical fitness, combined with a can-do attitude and the eye for detail needed for paperwork. An obvious passion for all things fitness will need to shine through all you do too, so that you can make a positive difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Collecting and checking information, relating to individual clients
- Analysing information relating to individual clients
- Identifying and agreeing smart short, medium and long term goals
- Planning, instructing and evaluating safe and appropriate exercise sessions.
- Providing 1-2-1 or group inductions and general exercise programmes, including the introduction to new equipment where appropriate.
- Teach classes or small group training. Training will be given for them to be able to do this.
- Selecting relevant exercises and designing appropriate programmes which address safety at all times
- Producing suitable programme cards for a range of clients/members
- Suggesting relevant exercise adaptations to allow for individual client difference or needs.
- Using logical and progressive teaching methodologies to introduce a range of exercises in relation to client goals.
- Selecting and/or correctly demonstrating a variety of training methods that can be used by clients/members.
- Providing clients/members with general advice on how to progress their individual programmes.
- Providing assistance to clients/members at all times in order to correct unsafe technique where required.
- To positively interact and motivate clients/members using appropriate strategies in order to promote retention and adherence to exercise.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
A Values driven organisation
Learning & development to support career development
Good Pension schemes
Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
A flexible position
Industry leading rates of pay
opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
25% off Red Letter Days
25% off Buy A Gift
20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
Ride to work scheme
Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.