GLL is looking for Aerobic Fitness Class Instructors based at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre in Camden. Building on our continued growth, we’re now the UK’s largest leisure social enterprise – and set for even greater success. So, if you’ve plenty of energy, ambition and expertise, join us as a Fitness Class Instructor and play a key role in the next step of our journey. Bringing ambition to match ours, this is your chance to deliver group exercise sessions, cross-training activities and first-class customer service with a leisure sector leader.
From promoting your classes, to preparing equipment and delivering sessions that cater to all ages and abilities, you’ll make a positive difference to people’s lives. Whether customers come to lose weight or get fitter, your classes will help everyone to build confidence as well as fitness. Your role as Fitness Class Instructor will be to make our customers’ time worthwhile – and of course, enjoyable.
Naturally, safety is key, so you’ll run your classes in line with best practice, policies and procedures. As classes are part of a complex timetable, flexibility, punctuality and reliability are just as important – things that will come naturally to you.
A real people-person, you’ll have a flair for putting customers at ease and actively encourage class bookings. As well as a bright personality, we’re looking for a 1 day CPR certificate, NVQ Level 2 ETM, current PPL licence and REPS Registered Level 2 certificate
What you’ll do:
- Collecting and checking information, relating to individual clients
- Analysing information relating to individual clients
- Planning, instructing and evaluating safe and appropriate exercise sessions.
- Providing 1-2-1 or group inductions and general exercise programmes, including the introduction to new equipment where appropriate.
- Teach classes or small group training. Training will be given for them to be able to do this.
- Suggesting relevant exercise adaptations to allow for individual client difference or needs.
- Using logical and progressive teaching methodologies to introduce a range of exercises in relation to client goals.
- Selecting and/or correctly demonstrating a variety of training methods that can be used by clients/members..
- Providing assistance to clients/members at all times in order to correct unsafe technique where required.
- To positively interact and motivate clients/members using appropriate strategies in order to promote retention and adherence to exercise.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.