GLL is looking for an Events Manager to work at The Sands Centre. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as an Events Manager there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than an Events Manager job, it's a career.
The Events Manager position at the Sands Centre is an exciting and dynamic role that involves handling a diverse range of events with precision and creativity. As an Events Manager at the Sands Centre, you will be at the heart of our operation, ensuring every detail is flawlessly executed. The Events Manager at the Sands Centre plays a pivotal role in coordinating logistics, managing resources, and overseeing event teams to guarantee the seamless flow of concerts, shows and events. If you are a passionate and organized professional, eager to thrive as an Events Manager, the Sands Centre offers an environment where your expertise will shine!
What you’ll do:
- Co-ordinate the seamless delivery of our extensive programme of concerts, shows and events. Ensuring excellent Front of House Operations and exceptional customer service.
- Keep track and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) related to partner collaboration, client satisfaction, and event success, providing reports that inform decision-making and future strategies.
- Act as an advocate for accessibility initiatives, ensuring the theatre is compliant with relevant regulations and continuously seeking ways to improve accessibility for all patrons.
- Lead on implementing and updating policy and procedure as it relates to our Audiences and Front of House Operations taking a pragmatic approach to this and using your real world experience to inform how we operate.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
What you need:
- Experience in Managing a team of people to achieve KPI’s & targets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of The Sands Centre Programme of Events.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a busy environment.
- Strong IT skills.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A salary of £26,955.06 per annum
- A values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner
- A full time permanent position
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say on how we ar run plus associated events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Career Pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure your stay on top of your game we provide training with practical and theory elements too
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy a Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.