GLL is looking for an Events Finance Assistant to work at The Sands Centre, Carlisle. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as an Events Finance Assistant, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than a Finance Assistant job, it's a career.
At The Sands Centre, we are the largest venue in Cumbria & South-west Scotland with a wide variety of events and show visiting the venue. Our team is a symphony of innovation, passion, and collaboration. Now, we're inviting a finance whiz to join us in making sure the financial side of the magic runs just as smoothly as the shows themselves.
What you’ll do:
- Pull together the show accounts for the producers and promoters. Presenting an accurate representation of their financial performance. .
- Manage internal financial record keeping including ledgers, journals and reports.
- Look after the purchase and sales ledger for the department.
- Play an integral role in the venue operation, your expertise will be a key part of how we do business.
What you need:
A strong knowledge of finance and book keeping
A passion for arts, Theatre and all forms of entertainment.
Experience in an administrative role
Strong Numeracy skills
An ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A salary of £24,606.28 per annum (Pro Rata)
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- A full time permanent position – Change accordingly
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
As a charitable social enterprise, we are different. Our purpose is to improve the physical, mental and social wellbeing of local communities. We are looking for people with purpose who are aligned to our values:
- BETTER SERVICE: Better choice for all
- BETTER COMMUNITIES: Making a difference
- BETTER BUSINESS: Business that benefits the community
- BETTER PEOPLE: More than a job
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.