GLL, the UK’s largest leisure provider is looking for Level 2 Qualified Cycling Coaches based at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester to deliver various sessions throughout the week including day time, evening, weekends and during school holidays. Opened in 1994 as Britain's first indoor Olympic cycling track, it also includes the UK’s only permanent international standard indoor BMX track and 14 kilometres of outdoor Mountain Bike trails.
As a Cycling Coach, you’ll teach Track, BMX or MTB skills to all participants ranging from non-cyclists to experienced riders in line with the centres cycling pathways and British Cycling standards. You’ll set up the equipment for each session plus carry out track checks and undertake maintenance and repair activities.
You’ll thrive on seeing people learn, thrive and even face their fears over cycling – whatever their age or background. You should have experience of coaching within at least one of the three cycling disciplines outlined above.
What you need:
* UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling qualification – Track/BMX/MTB
* Emergency First Aid Certificate
* Good understanding of the characteristics and qualities that pupils expect from coaching sessions.
* Minimum 6 months experience of delivery of coaching sessions to participants in the relevant discipline environment.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and other legislation in relation to leisure centre operations.
* Understanding of Child Protection Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Revenue Protection.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
What you’ll do:
* To provide quality cycle coaching experiences for participants in all sessions including juniors, seniors and experienced cyclists.
* To ensure that all sessions are run in accordance with British Cycling guidelines
* To maintain accurate administration records for all coaching sessions in accordance with GLL guidelines.
* Be responsible for the inspection and safe preparation of cycling facilities and equipment prior to each session delivered. Any defects to be reported immediately to the Duty Manager.
* Maintain high standards of Customer Care.
* To ensure compliance with all statutory legal requirements and in particular the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and Child Protection Act.
* To undertake training, as/when required.
* To record and complete relevant awards in line with the UKA Awards scheme, ensuring that the required levels are obtained.
* To teach to the standard set within the Brand to ensure a consistent approach throughout all the centres.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
* A Values driven organisation
* Learning & development to support career development
* Good Pension schemes
* Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- A full time permanent position – Change accordingly
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
As a charitable social enterprise, we are different. Our purpose is to improve the physical, mental and social well being of local communities. We are looking for people with purpose who are aligned to our values:
BETTER SERVICE:* Better choice for all
BETTER COMMUNITIES:* Making a difference
BETTER BUSINESS:* Business that benefits the community
BETTER PEOPLE:* More than a job
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.