GLL is looking for a Cleaner to work at Highbury Leisure Centre in Islington, London.
You’ll be enthusiastic and hard-working with a real attention to detail as you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the centre, including the open plan female changing rooms. Our leisure centres can be very busy, so you’ll need to thrive in this setting. Adhering to Health and Safety requirements and regulations are crucial, so you’ll need to be hard working and conscientious to carry out all duties to meet our high customer care standard.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of cleaning in a busy working environment with good customer care skills and knowledge of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Heath). If you don’t yet have it, we’ll provide full training on how to use appropriate machinery and chemicals.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location