GLL wish to recruit Children's Activity Instructors to work across our leisure centres in Belfast for our Holiday Play Scheme. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Children's Activity Instructor there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than a Children's Activity Instructor job, it's a career.
We believe that children should be active, stimulated and sociable. That's why at GLL, we run Holiday Play Schemes at our Better Leisure Centres. The schemes run during school holidays and provide a safe, yet fun haven for children from 5+ years old. As well as being enjoyable for the children, they're very convenient for working parents too.
Working as part of a team, you'll create a structured, safe and fun environment using the facilities around you. You'll be confident in leading children through a mix of activities that can include anything from football, basketball, swimming, trampolining and even bouncy castles. You'll encourage an environment of respect and friendship amongst the children.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Experience of working with children of 5+ years old
- Basic knowledge of safety with regards to childcare
- Friendly and approachable as well as being imaginative, creative and a positive role model to the children in the scheme
If you have what it takes to keep children active and happy at our Holiday Play Schemes, apply now.
Easter Scheme: 3rd April - 5th April 2024. Induction Day: 29th March 2024.**
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A salary of up to £10.90 per hour
- A Values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good Pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus invites to associated events
- Exclusive discounts on villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health Assurance
- Career Pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounts on glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area. One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer. However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.