We are looking for flexible, friendly, passionate and enthusiastic team players to join our front of house team and play a pivotal role in providing a high quality customer service to Hub visitors.
To play a key role in the daily operation and smooth running of the Hub’s CaféBar and work as part of a small dynamic team to deliver a high-quality food and drink service.
You will be hardworking, with excellent customer service and good multi-tasking skills. Prior experience in the food industry is desirable with an up-to-date knowledge of food safety.
This role is flexible to cover annual leave, sickness and events.
* Provide a friendly and prompt customer service that enriches the visitor experience at the Hub.
* Carry out set daily tasks to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the CafeBar including, carrying out opening and closing procedures, maintaining stock levels, delivering routine checks, cleaning and washing up.
* Ensure the CaféBar is safe, clean and presented to the highest standard at all times.
* Prepare and deliver the Hub’s daily menu of hot & cold drinks and food, ensuring compliance with food safety law.
* Take orders and payments ensuring accurate cash handling, and complete daily cashing up procedures.
* Support the delivery of events including, setting up rooms and banqueting tables, and helping to prepare buffets and catering.
* As directed by the duty management, ensure all routine health and safety checks are completed and environmental health requirements are fully met.
* Maintain good knowledge of the Hub’s programmes and proactively talk and engage with visitors, sharing your knowledge, enthusiasm and passion and encouraging feedback.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of fire, safety and evacuation procedures and help to facilitate the evacuation of the Hub in the event of an emergency, as directed by duty management.
* Be present and alert during opening hours to ensure the health and safety and comfort of all visitors, reporting any problems to the Duty Manager.
* Undertake training and CPD as required.
* Undertake any other duties consistent with the role and as requested by management.
The Hub is owned and funded by North Kesteven District Council and is a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England. The Centre is operated by Better who is part of GLL; a charitable social enterprise and the UK’s largest public leisure operator.
In return, you will get:
- A permanent position within a visionary organisation and team
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Discounts in the Hub shop and CafeBar
- A fantastic pension scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- Health assurance
- Discounted membership at GLL/Better leisure centres and 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
- 25% off Red Letter Days and Buy A Gift
- The opportunity to join GLL's Society with access to exclusive discounts on villas in Portugal and Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Career and professional development pathways.
For more information and to download the job profile, please visit www.hub-sleaford.org.uk.
To apply please upload a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) along with your CV (no more than 2 pages) outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the Hub reserves the right to end the selection process before the application deadline of Sunday 10 March (5pm). You are encouraged to submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, GLL offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. GLL manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
GLL people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, GLL invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
As a charitable social enterprise, GLL are different. It’s purpose is to improve the physical, mental and social wellbeing of local communities. GLL are looking for people with purpose who are aligned to their values:
BETTER SERVICE: Better choice for all
BETTER COMMUNITIES: Making a difference
BETTER BUSINESS: Business that benefits the community
BETTER PEOPLE: More than a job
GLL are an inclusive employer. GLL seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.