GLL is looking for a basketball coach to work at various centres in Manchester. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a basketball coach, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. Our basketball coach sits within our junior brands division as the majority of our sports courses we deliver are to children; nationally over 120,000 children attend our sports courses.
As a basketball coach you’ll be highly motivated and committed to engaging and inspiring participants of all ages and abilities within a safe setting. Providing a fun, friendly and encouraging environment you’ll pass on your knowledge to help improve participants’ basketball performances whilst teaching the fundamental skills - you’ll get great satisfaction seeing pupils progress and develop.
Your UKCC level 2 or above qualifications will ensure that you can comfortably deliver high-quality sessions at a variety of levels, abilities and age groups from children through to experienced adults.
What you need:
* A can-do attitude
* A real focus on customer service.
* Passion and personality
* Knowledge of health and safety
* Be a great team player
* A Basketball coaching qualification (Level 2)
* A First Aid qualification
* Experience of coaching in a community setting
What you’ll do:
* You will be responsible for the delivery of a basketball programme which will be well structured, focusing on progression and the development of your pupils.
* The delivery of high-quality coaching
* Improving the level of coaching and increasing the numbers on the programme
* Be aware of participants status, nature and needs
* Maintain a good and positive image of the Centre to customers and the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional service.
* Setting up equipment
* Deliver first-class customer service
* Deal with customer queries
As a leader within the leisure industry, we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
In return, you will get:
* Industry leading rates of pay
* Discounted membership at our leisure centres
* Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
* A fantastic pension schemes
* 25% off Red Letter Days
* 25% off Buy a Gift
* 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
* Ride to work scheme
* Free eye tests and discounted glasses
* The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
* Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
* Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
* Health assurance
* Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time work options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So, whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.