GLL is looking for Events Assistants to work at Bath Pavilion. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Events Assistant, there's never been a more exciting time to join us and take your first step to working in the UK largest leisure provider.
As a Events Assistant you will be assisting in delivering excellent customer service throughout events within the centre including but not limited to cleaning and maintenance, preparation of areas and equipment for events as appropriate, maintaining a safe environment throughout the set up time, event and pack down. Events assistants are expected to complete all relevant event operational checklists and documents.
What you’ll do:
* Maintain a positive image of the venue to customers and the public at all times
* Deliver excellent customer experience at all times
* Prepare and sell drinks and food as required
* Engage with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
* Actively contribute to the development of the service
* Assist the manger on duty in the monitoring process against the set standards i.e. noise levels and cleanliness
* Ensure the security and maintenance of the bar area and the contents within.
* Prepare areas and equipment required and ensure the area and all its facilities are kept clean and presentable at all times
* Adhere to all health and safety requirements, including all procedures in relation to fire prevention, licences, food, COSHH, heating, ventilation, energy management and conservation.
* To undertake cash handling and banking within the stipulated financial procedures.
What you need:
* A team player
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to undertake cleaning and maintenance tasks
* Ability to work independently
* Cash handling experience
* Previous events experience a bonus but not essential
* Able to work unsocial hours.
* Ability to work flexible shift patterns e.g. morning shifts, evening shifts and weekends.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
* A Values driven organisation
* Learning & development to support career development
* Good Pension schemes
* Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- A casual, flexible position
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.