GLL is looking for an Assistant Manager to work at John Bunyan Sports & Fitness Centre , Bedford.
The Key responsibilities of an Assistant manager are the management and development of staff, input to budget management, setting and achieving targets, designing/implementing quality systems, health and safety procedures, and communicating with colleagues and key stakeholders. Assistant Managers play a key part in supporting the smooth running of a leisure centre, you’ll ensure the health, safety and enjoyment of customers and colleagues alike.
There’s no such thing as a typical day as a Assistant Manager. That’s what makes this hands-on role so special. You could be doing anything from producing reports, doing building checks, advising Duty Managers and ensuring compliance with health, safety and fire procedures as well as proactively improving sales figures and service standards.
As a Assistant Manager in a demanding environment, you’ll need to be on the ball with all aspects of your centre, area and the leisure industry as a whole – from managing teams to consumer trends. So, if you’re ready to go the extra mile, in return, we’ll develop and train you to sharpen your skills in this diverse role.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
For further information regarding this exciting job opportunity please email Gillan.Kelly@gll.org
What you’ll do:
* A salary up to £32,748.72 per annum
* Leading, managing and organising all aspects of the service area’s operations, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and economically within agreed policies and procedures.
* Being accountable for service area performance, including preparing and monitoring service area budgets, income targets and business plans (where appropriate).
* Ensuring all organisational, statutory and non-statutory health and safety requirements are met.
* Providing visible leadership to all service area staff, ensuring they are motivated and operate at high levels of both performance and efficiency.
* Ensuring all members of the service team are effectively supervised and that all people management procedures are effectively operated within the team.
* Ensuring that all staff are aware of developments, policies, practices and procedures through regular and effective communication processes.
* Taking responsibility for the mentoring and development of service area staff.
* Ensuring the highest quality standards of customer care and service delivery are achieved within the service area.
* Continually monitoring and reviewing the standards achieved, taking appropriate action to rectify adverse trends identified through audit or other mechanisms.
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships within the organisation and with key stakeholders.
* Acting as Centre or Duty Manager as required, supervising operational shifts and carrying out any other duties as required commensurate with the post’s level of responsibility.
* Taking part in appropriate continuing professional development.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
* A Values driven organisation
* Learning & development to support career development
* Good Pension schemes
* Discounted gym membership for you and your partner.
- A full time permanent position – Change accordingly
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract - part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Gold Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.